When it comes to communicating, there are a surprising number of elements that go into effectively speaking to others, whether that be in a professional setting or a personal one. And it all starts with knowing your baseline.
In this episode, I explain what a baseline is and how the knowledge of your own baseline can impact the effectiveness of your communication.
As you are thinking about your baseline, you have to consider things like the sound of your voice and body language. It is broken down into three parts: voice, verbal cues, and non-verbal cues. Listen on to find out more about each and the magical thing that happens when all three align.
- [1:08] – Baseline communication is something we don’t often consider. What is the baseline?
- [2:33] – The baseline is broken down into voice, verbal cues, and non-verbal cues.
- [3:23] – Pitch is how you modulate your voice.
- [4:01] – Upspeak is a lilt up at the end of a sentence and doesn’t help you come across as a thought leader.
- [5:18] – The baseline and your voice has a lot to do with breathing.
- [6:06] – Verbal fluency is the ability to think and grab the words you need.
- [7:38] – Does your body language match what you are saying?
- [8:42] – Your body helps tell the story.
- [10:40] – Reach out to Deirdre to learn more about a baseline assessment.
Leave a Reply